Division: Residential and Respite Services
Location: Box Hill
Type: Permanent Part Time
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic Level 4 - Disability Support Worker to model best practice to a team of Disability Support Workers and provide guidance in demonstrating person centred active support. The successful candidate will be instrumental in contributing to the learning culture by actively coaching and supporting the team.
Regular duties will include:
- Creating rosters
- Updating and maintaining customer records
- Inducting new staff
- Supporting staff on shift across site
- Roster may include mornings, evenings, weekdays and weekends, with an opportunity to build your roster to suit your needs.
The residents enjoy an active, fun and engaging lifestyle that is strongly supported by our team of likeminded, enthusiastic staff. You will provide support with meals, personal care needs and assistance with everyday household tasks and community access
To be successful in this role, you will need:
To be passionate about supporting customers to manage their own lifestyles and live the life they choose and have experience with supporting individuals to meet their goals.
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in supporting customers with behaviours of concern
- Clear and effective communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Initiative and self-motivation
- A positive and professional approach
- Strong interpersonal skills
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent salary packaging tax benefits
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Ongoing training, team support and professional development
To be considered for this role you must attach the below mandatory requirements with your application:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Current Certificate for First Aid (HLTAID003) & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Evidence of eligibility to work within Australia
- A certified copy of your current passport
- A copy of your Working with Children Check (WWCC) is desirable and may be required for some positions
- A current driver’s licence is desirable.
- Not listed on the Disqualified Carer Register or Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
- If you have lived or worked overseas in the last ten years for a period of 12 months or more, we require a certified copy of your International Police Check, or evidence of applying for an international police check. The Police Check must cover the entire period you were overseas.
A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original. http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/who-can-certify-a-copy-of-a-document
For further information please contact Derani Kronk on 03 9899 8755.
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Disqualified Carer Register Check, Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. We are committed to child safe standards and Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.