Disability Support Worker
Job no: 493383
Work type: Casual (T&A), Full - Time (T&A), Part - Time (T&A)
Location: Bayside Peninsula, Southern Melbourne, Gippsland
Categories: Disability Support Worker
Disability Support Workers
Division: Community Services
Are you looking for a great opportunity to build a rewarding career where you can make a difference within a supportive team environment? We have a number of permanent full time, part time and casual vacancies available across Gippsland for Disability Support Workers to join our friendly and committed Community Services team.
Yooralla’s Community Services team in our Outer South Region have a great opportunity on offer for motivated individuals to participate in recreational and developmental programs alongside children and adults with disabilities. In addition to gaining valuable experience in the field, we offer opportunities for learning and development and flexible hours, to accommodate your study or personal commitments.
Your role may involve providing assistance with all aspects of daily living including meals, personal care, and meaningful engagement within their home and community environments.
If you are passionate about supporting customers to manage their own lifestyles and live the life they choose and ideally you have experience with supporting individuals to meet their goals, we would like to hear from you. To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Clear and effective communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Initiative and self-motivation
- A positive and professional approach
- Flexibility and availability is essential in this role, with the ability to work a variety of shifts; morning, day, afternoon, evening and weekends
- Relevant Qualifications are highly desirable, however, someone with 6 months + experience will be considered.
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- Attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives
- Comprehensive three day induction program
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Ongoing training, support and development
- A great, supportive team environment
To be considered for this role you must attach the below mandatory requirements with your application:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Not listed on the Disqualified Carer Register or Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
- Current Certificate for First Aid (HLTAID003) & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Evidence of eligibility to work within Australia (Australian Passport/Australian Birth Certificate/ Australian Citizenship Certificate or International Passport & Visa)
- A copy of your Working with Children Check (WWCC) (Employer)
- A current Australian driver’s licence (desirable)
- If you have lived or worked overseas in the last ten years for a period of 12 months or more, we require a certified copy of your International Police Check, or evidence of applying for an international police check. The Police Check must cover the entire period you were overseas.
A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original. http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/who-can-certify-a-copy-of-a-document
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognize the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted invited to an interview or information session where you will learn more about the role you can play a part in making a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Disqualified Carer Check, Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend