Job no: 493477
Work type: Full - Time (T&A)
Location: Melbourne CBD, Various Locations
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and advancing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
About the Role
Yooralla’s Fundraising and Philanthropy is seeking a grants specialist who will manage all fundraising through grants. This newly created role will be working closely with the Director of Philanthropy, this role will liaise and collaborate with program teams within the organisation to understand projects and activities, funding needs and prioritise these into a curated calendar of opportunities that best match grant funding.
Developing and managing relationships with funders will be a part of the successful candidate’s role.
This is a pivotal time to become a part of the organisation that supports people with a disability as we are strengthen our donor-centric approach to fundraising and build strategies for sustainable fundraising into the long-term through meaningful donor engagement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable success in grant submissions
- Excellent understanding of the critical success factors in grant applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative work relationships for productive outcomes
- Demonstrated donor-centric approach
- Highly organised, able to effectively plan, prioritise and manage projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, especially on complex and varied topics that need to be communicated to a broad range of audiences and for a variety of purposes
- Critical thinking and the ability to digest complex information
- Proactive, self-motivated and exhibits initiative
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent salary packaging tax benefits
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Ongoing training, team support and professional development
For more information please contact Naomi Gan on 9666 4579
Interested? Please hit the "apply" button above to start your application now.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. We are committed to child safe standards and Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend