Location: Sunshine & Cranbourne or Carnegie
About the Role
We currently have 2 full time Support Coordinator positions available on a 12 month basis in our Support Coordinator and Case Management Service, to be based at Sunshine or Cranbourne/Carnegie.
You will be responsible for the coordination of NDIS plans for participants who have complex and multiple disabilities and engage with the implementation of all supports identified in a participant’s plan. You will be joining a highly experienced and supportive team
The role involves:
- Utilizing high quality engagement strategies to strengthen a participant’s ability to navigate the NDIS
- Linking participants to identified services to maximise opportunity and independence
- Support the participant to evaluate goals and provide outcome reports to the NDIA.
- To ensure high quality record keeping and reporting maintained
The role is focused on strengthening a participant’s ability to navigate the NDIS and empower participants to access and co-ordinate supports to enable each person to participate more fully in their community of choice. The Support Coordinator plays an integral role in the development and achievement of a participant’s goals to maximise opportunity and independence.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience with the NDIS and in-depth knowledge of the disability sector legislation
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant experience working within the Human Services, disability or allied health-area.
- Effective time management
- Ability to build strong working relationships and establish ongoing rapport
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- Attractive remuneration with salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Ongoing training, learning and development
- A collaborative and highly supportive team environment
- Current National Police Record Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Current valid Australian driver’s licence
- Current Victorian Working with Children Assessment Notice
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline appropriate to disability, allied health, social science or welfare practice
- Not listed on the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognize the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted invited to an interview or information session where you will learn more about the role you can play a part in making a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Disqualified Carers Check, Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer