Short Term Accommodation and Assistance Manager
Job no: 493488
Work type: Full - Time (T&A)
Location: Eastern Melbourne
Division: Residential and Respite Services
Location: Eastern Metro
Type: Permanent Full Time
Due to some permanent staff changes, our Residential and Respite Support Services in the East is looking to appoint a permanent STAA Manager at our Respite Service.
Reporting to the Group Manager, the role of the STAA Manager is to provide mentoring and coaching as well as technical leadership to the staff in Respite Support Services through:
- Building and maintaining a culture of individualised service delivery based on the PERMA model (Positive emotions, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning and Achievement/ Accomplishment).
You will be passionate about mentoring and coaching staff in building the organisational service culture that safeguards and upholds customers’ human rights and supports them to live the life they choose.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Understanding of legislation and standards applicable to the disability sector
- Knowledge and understanding of how to support staff to implement contemporary and person centre approaches to uphold the rights and support needs of people with disability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial and staff resources in a complex environment
- Excellent initiative and self-directed work practices as well as highly developed organisational skills.
- A relevant disability qualification would be desirable
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
- Attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Ongoing training, support and development
- A great, supportive team environment
To be considered for this role you must attach the below mandatory requirements with your application:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Current Certificate for First Aid (HLTAID003) & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Evidence of eligibility to work within Australia
- A certified copy of your current passport
- A copy of your Working with Children Check (WWCC) is desirable and may be required for some positions
- A current driver’s license is desirable.
- If you have lived or worked overseas in the last ten years for a period of 12 months or more, we require a certified copy of your International Police Check, or evidence of applying for an international police check. The Police Check must cover the entire period you were overseas.
A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original. http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/who-can-certify-a-copy-of-a-document
For further information please contact Envor Valensky on 0477 733 128.
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend