Job no: 493496
Work type: Full - Time (Auto), Part - Time (Auto)
Location: Melbourne CBD
Categories: Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Division 1)
Division: Residential and Respite Services
Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time position available
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
About the Role
The Ventilator Accommodation Support Service (VASS) offers permanent and respite accommodation to people who are ventilator dependent but who are fully able to direct their support. The residents of our services enjoy an active, fun and engaging lifestyle that is supported by like-minded individuals.
VASS currently has a various vacancies for Full Time and Part Time positions for Registered Nurses.
Positions within this service presents an opportunity for motivated individuals to gain experience and develop a unique range of skills in the disability field. If you are passionate about disability work and would like to take the next step in your career, we would like to hear from you.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor of Nursing or recognized equivalent
- Minimum 12 months RN experience
- Strong leadership and clinical assessment skills
- Current Division 1 Nursing Registration Certificate
- Current ALS or BLS Certification
- Extensive post-basic clinical nursing experience
- Experience with ventilators is strongly preferred
- Current National Police Record Check
- International Police Check (if required)
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- Extensive training in respiratory health including training in managing sub-acute ventilated residents.
- Free parking.
- Work in a peaceful environment with walking/bike path nearby.
- The Ventilator Accommodation Support Service (VASS) offers permanent and respite accommodation to people who are ventilator dependent but who are fully able to direct their support. The residents of our services enjoy an active, fun and engaging lifestyle that is supported by like-minded individuals.
- Attractive Salary Packaging.
- Supportive team environment.
For further information please contact Kristy McMurray on 0459 874 226.
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks, Disqualified Carer Check and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. We are committed to child safe standards and Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend