Job no: 493503
Work type: Full - Time (Auto)
Location: Eastern Melbourne, Various Locations
Division: Residential & Respite Support Services
Location: Box Hill
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
About the Role
We are seeking a Service Manager on a Permanent Full-time basis. The Service Manager is responsible for the operational management of supported accommodation service to ensure the day-to-day running of the service exceeds KPIs, along with providing high-quality support to customers, their families along with management support for care staff.
This is an exciting time to begin your journey with Yooralla, as we transition from a block funding model to the NDIS.
The Service Manager is accountable for the following service delivery outcomes:
- Provide leadership in the delivery of high quality of life outcomes for people with disability (and their families where appropriate)
- Provide management support and practice leadership to a team(s) of disability
- Manage the overall performance of the service(s), meeting targets identified in annual
- Promote community inclusion and person directed support that exceeds the minimum disability standards and delivered within the available resources
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated management experience; preferable within a community services environment
- Understanding of legislation and standards applicable to the disability sector
- Knowledge and understanding of how to support staff to implement contemporary and person centre approaches to uphold the rights and support needs of people with disability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial and staff resources in a complex environment
- Excellent initiative and self-directed work practices as well as highly developed organisational skills.
- A relevant disability qualification would be desirable
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
An attractive remuneration package with excellent salary packaging tax benefits
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
Ongoing training, team support and professional development
For further information please contact Envor Valensky on 0477 733 128.
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to apply for this vacancy and hit "Apply now".
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. We are committed to child safe standards and Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend