Early Careers Professional Program / Speech Pathology
Location: Mitcham, Carnegie/Endeavour Hills, Narre Warren and Sunshine
Type: Permanent Full Time (5 days/37.5 hours per week)
At Yooralla, we’ve been supporting people with disability of all ages and needs with quality services for over 100 years. Our broad range of services include accommodation, in-home support, therapy, attendant care, assistive technologies, employment, education and recreation support.
We employ Allied Health staff from all disciplines who work across the lifespan. Our teams focus on delivering therapy services with strong clinical integrity and evidence base to support people in achieving their goals. Our teams work from all regions across Metropolitan Melbourne.
About the Role
We provide therapy services to children, young people and adults on an individual, group or consultative basis. As a member of an allied health team, you will work with people in their homes and the community as well as offering centre based and telehealth options that are flexible, person centred, and outcome focused. You will provide services funded by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in addition to various other funding sources.
About the Program
We are offering full time permanent roles for Speech Pathologists who are interested in starting or exploring a career in supporting people with disabilities. Our program is based on current evidence supporting new graduates in the Allied Health sector. The program offers:
- Extensive structured 1:1 clinical supervision with a Senior Clinician of your discipline and scope of practice based on recommendations by Speech Pathology Australia
- A peer support program with other allied health graduates designed to support your learning of the disability sector
- Reduced caseload demands to support your learning over the course of two years
What else do we offer?
- Support from a multi-disciplinary Senior Clinical team to provide evidence-based services in an NDIS environment
- A professional development budget for external opportunities
- Communities of Practice on specialty clinical areas
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative multi-disciplinary team
- A flexible, family-friendly work environment
- Competitive renumeration rates and salary packaging of up to $15,900
- Relevant bachelor’s degrees (or equivalent Masters) in the areas of Speech Pathology
- The program is open to new graduates and those within 1-2 years of their professional career
- An interest working with people with disabilities and their support networks
- Professional and resilient character with a sound interpersonal style and a positive attitude
- Access to your own car and a valid drivers’ licence
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ambitious and thrives in a busy, target-driven environment
Want to know more?
For more information please contact:
Kim Vien, Manager of the Early Careers Professional Program on ph. 0434 317 423
Online information sessions on our program will be held between 26th of October to the 6th of November. Please register you interest in attending by emailing Kim.Vien@yooralla.com.au to receive further information and dates.
How to apply:
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and complete your application. Please include a cover letter with a description of why you are interested in working with people with a disability.
Speech Pathologist GR1 ASW PD Dec 2019 Final.pdf
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognize the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks, Disqualified Carer Check and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.