Allied Health Practitioner-Positive Behaviour Support
Job no: 493659
Work type: Full - Time (Auto)
Location: Melbourne CBD
Categories: Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Registered Nurse, Speech Pathologist
Allied Health Practitioner – Positive Behaviour Support
-Mental Health Nurse
Location: Multiple locations Melbourne wide
Type: Permanent Full Time
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for people with disabilities. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and advancing the nature of disability support in Australia for almost 100 years.
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic allied health professionals to join our growing positive behaviour support team. Yooralla values a trans-disciplinary approach to positive behaviour support for people with behaviours of concern. This is a fantastic opportunity for dedicated professionals who are passionate about the right of every person, irrespective of age, gender, financial circumstance, or level of disability, to access high-quality services that will support them to achieve their goals.
You will be part of an engaging and supportive team with strong skills in positive behaviour support. High quality ongoing professional development and supervision in positive behaviour support will be provided. The leadership team with provide continuous learning and development opportunities for you to build a long-term career with a rapidly growing organisation.
This role ensures person/family centred practice, providing support to children and adults with a disability to pursue the lifestyle of their choice, maximise their functional skills and promote physical health and well-being.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A degree in an area of allied health practice
- AHPRA registration / SPA membership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience or interest in providing positive behaviour support
- Full Australian Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
- Lived or work experience with people with disabilities with complex needs
- Experience working in a trans- or multi-disciplinary team
- Positive working relationships with people with disability, their families, and other stakeholders to enhance quality outcomes
- Use of contemporary person- and family- centred strengths-based practice
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- A flexible, supportive and friendly team environment
- Salary packaging benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Ongoing training, team support and professional development
For further information please contact Wendy O'Connor on email@example.com.
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognize the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks, Disqualified Carer Check and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend