Disability Support Workers
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
About the Role
Are you looking for a great opportunity to build a rewarding career where you can make a difference within a supportive team environment? We have a number of vacancies available in Thornbury for Disability Support Workers in our Ventilator Accommodation Support Service (VASS). This service is the only one of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere offering permanent and respite accommodation to people who are dependent on mechanical ventilation or have high respiratory supports within a social model of care. The residents of VASS are encouraged to integrate with the community, live with autonomy and be drivers of their care and supports.
We support individuals to pursue their interests, develop new skills, achieve their lifestyle goals and be valued as equal citizens in the community.
Your role may involve providing assistance with all aspects of daily living including meals, personal care, hoisting, assistance with everyday household tasks and meaningful engagement within their home and community environments.
Ventilator Accommodation Support Service
If you are passionate about supporting customers to manage their own lifestyles and live the life they choose and ideally you have experience with supporting individuals to meet their goals, we would like to hear from you. To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Initiative and self-motivation
- A positive and professional approach
- Flexibility and availability is essential in this role, with the ability to work a variety of shifts; morning, day, afternoon, evening and weekends
- Significant experience in disability, nursing or aged care.
- Qualification in Disability, Certificate IV or equivalent. An undergraduate qualification in Nursing or Allied Health course.
- Behaviour of concerns experience desirable
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives
- Comprehensive three day induction program
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Ongoing training, support and development
- A great, supportive team environment
To be considered for this role you must attach the below mandatory requirements with your application:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Not listed on the Disqualified Carer Register or Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
- Current Certificate for First Aid (HLTAID003) & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Evidence of eligibility to work within Australia (Australian Passport/Australian Birth Certificate/ Australian Citizenship Certificate or International Passport & Visa)
- A copy of your Working with Children Check (WWCC) (Employer)
- A current Australian driver’s licence
- If you have lived or worked overseas in the last ten years for a period of 12 months or more, we require a certified copy of your International Police Check, or evidence of applying for an international police check. The Police Check must cover the entire period you were overseas
- Ability to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance prior to your commencement.
A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original. http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/who-can-certify-a-copy-of-a-document
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognize the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted, invited to an interview or an information session where you will learn more about the role you can play a part in making a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as NDIS Worker Screening Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Reference Checks, Disqualified Carer Check and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.