Disability Support Worker - Community Hubs
Location: Box Hill
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Part-time
Job reference: 493780
If you’re a passionate communicator who shares Yooralla’s values and will be committed to empowering and supporting people with disability to reach their goals; If you’d like to make a positive difference in people’s lives and support them to participate in community, social and recreational activities and to live independently in their homes; Then, join the passionate Yooralla team!
A disability support role with Yooralla offers:
- Meaningful and rewarding work where you can give back to the community.
- Flexibility with hours and locations to work in around your family, study or other commitments.
- Ability to take on day, night or weekend shifts if desired.
- Competitive pay rates and casual loading.
- Generous tax benefits through salary packaging.
- Work within a likeminded supportive team.
About the role
Yooralla has vacancies in Box Hill for positive, passionate people with effective communication skills to join our team as a casual Disability Support Worker (DSW). This rewarding role will provide direct support to people with disability of all ages and needs in community and recreational settings. Your working days will be varied and may involve:
- supporting people to get to (and at) appointments or events
- taking people out to, and supporting them at, recreation and social activities
- providing assistance with daily living including meal preparation, personal hygiene and mobility
- supporting people to participate in life skills programs, and
- supporting children and young people during holiday programs, camps and other recreational activities.
Relevant qualifications, experience or an interest in community services would be great if you have them! However, most importantly, you’ll need a great attitude and a willingness to learn. To be successful in this role you’ll share Yooralla’s values and have:
- initiative, self-motivation and a positive approach
- a willingness to demonstrate a commitment to empowering our customers to reach their goals, and to upholding quality and safeguards in your everyday work
- clear and effective communication skills, and a good level of English to communicate well with our customers
- the right to work in Australia
- a positive can do attitude
- a victorian drivers license, and
- a current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary certificate (or obtain one).
Applicants with a Certificate IV in disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates will be subject to NDIS Worker Screening and must comply with other checks including [[a Working with Children Check and]] an English literacy test.
Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Sound like you?
Read more about requirements of the role
Read more about how to apply
Read more about what happens after you apply
To find out more about this role or working with Yooralla, please contact [[P&C contact name for this portfolio]] on 03 9666 4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about working with Yooralla
As a Disability Support Worker at Yooralla, you’ll work as part of a passionate team with more than 100 years of history of empowering Victorians with disability. We’re committed to providing our people with comprehensive training, and to quality and safeguards, to ensure we are all best placed to empower and support people with disability to achieve their goals and live the lives they choose. Find out more about what we do.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community and recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
We encourage applications from people with lived experience of disability. You'll receive adjustments and support throughout the whole process — from the application stage to starting in the workplace.
We are committed to increasing employment opportunities for people with disability. We are an LGBTIQ+ friendly employer that celebrates diversity. We expect you to as well. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.