Disability Support Workers
Division: Community Services
Location: Melbourne - Eastern Region
Type: Permanent Part Time & Casual Positions
Job reference: 493781
Applications close: 31st May, 2021
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
About the Role
Yooralla's Community Inclusion Service has great opportunities on offer for motivated individuals to support children and adults with disabilities to actively participate within their community and home life. In addition to this rewarding career move, we offer opportunities for learning and development, and casual or permanent hours to accommodate your study or personal commitments. We are currently looking for people across Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional / Rural Victoria to join our dynamic and friendly Community Inclusion Team.
Working as part of the Community Inclusion Team provides you with the opportunity to support individuals with all areas of their life, from participation in recreational and social activities to assistance with their day to day living. Shifts vary anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours in duration, and rosters can be developed around your schedule.
If you are passionate about supporting customers to manage their own lifestyles and live the life they choose and ideally you have experience with supporting individuals to meet their goals, we would like to hear from you. To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Clear and effective communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Initiative and self-motivation
- A positive and professional approach
- Availability to work a variety of shifts; morning, day, afternoon, evening and weekends
- Relevant qualifications are highly desirable, however, someone with the right attitude and willingness to learn will be considered.
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives
- Comprehensive four day induction program
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Ongoing training, support and development
- An opportunity to work autonomously whilst having access to an experienced and supportive team
To be considered for this role you must attach the below mandatory requirements with your application:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Current Certificate for First Aid (HLTAID003) & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001)
- Evidence of eligibility to work within Australia (Australian Passport/Australian Birth Certificate/ Australian Citizenship Certificate or International Passport & Visa)
- A copy of your Working with Children Check (WWCC) (Employer)
- A current Australian driver’s licence
- If you have lived or worked overseas in the last ten years for a period of 12 months or more, we require a certified copy of your International Police Check, or evidence of applying for an international police check. The Police Check must cover the entire period you were overseas
- Ability to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance prior to your commencement.
A 'certified copy' is a copy of an original document that has been authorised (or stamped) as being a true copy of an original. http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/who-can-certify-a-copy-of-a-document
Please visit our website www.yooralla.com.au to access a copy of the position description and to apply for this vacancy.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognize the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted, invited to an interview or an information session where you will learn more about the role you can play a part in making a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as NDIS Worker Screening Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Reference Checks, Disqualified Carer Check and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.