Team Leader - Clinician
Job no: 493497
Work type: Full - Time (Auto)
Location: Southern Melbourne, Melbourne CBD
Categories: Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Registered Nurse, Speech Pathologist
Team Leader - Clinician
Division: Quality Innovation and Safeguarding
Location: Inner South
Type: Permanent: full time
Applications close: 27th January 2020
At Yooralla, we believe that exceptional customer service starts with employees who love what they do. Our people are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and obtaining the best possible outcomes for our customers. We have played an active role in improving public awareness and progressing the nature of disability support in Australia for 100 years.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic therapist to join our dynamic our multi-disciplinary team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated professional who is passionate about the right of every person, irrespective of age, gender, financial circumstance or level of disability, to access high-quality services that will support them to achieve their goals.
The Team Leader/Clinician, Allied Services and Wellbeing is responsible for supporting the Manager in the establishment, management and ongoing development of a person directed, outcome focused and cost effective therapy and wellbeing support across the lifespan to; children and families, young people, and adults with a disability within a designated area. This position supports capacity building and ensures the services are strengths-based, person-centred and in line with evidence-based practice and align with government or other funding requirements. e.g. Medicare, NDIA, schools. The Team Leader, Allied Services and Wellbeing is responsible for ensuring the supports provided are based on the choice and control of the person with a disability or their family, with the outcome facilitating functional improvement through adjustment, adaptation and building capacity for the person with a disability and those in their life to participate. Key focus of the roles includes referral and process management, quality control and capacity building of staff to deliver services in a changing environment.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor/Masters of Allied Health (discipline specific)
- SPA/APHRA Membership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full Australian Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
- Experience working with people with disabilities with complex needs
- Experience working in a trans or multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate positive working relationships with customers/participants, their families, all divisions of Yooralla and the broader sector that enhance quality outcomes for people with
- Deliver high standards of performance and customer satisfaction that helps to promote
- Use practice frameworks that ensure the involvement at each decision making point for customers/participants, families and significant others as applicable
Working with Yooralla
We employ individuals dedicated to providing quality, sustainable and flexible services, that uphold human rights and create opportunities, empowering individuals to live the life they choose. Yooralla has a long history of working to build a world where people with disability are equal citizens.
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent salary packaging tax benefits
- Flexible working hours
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Ongoing training, team support and professional development
Please click "apply" above to apply for this vacancy.
For further information please contact Cassie Kenyon on 0432 139 367.
We believe in diversity, inclusion and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion brings, and in turn encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a disability to apply.
Appointments are subject to one or more of the following forms of pre-employment safety screening such as Police Records Check, Inherent Position Requirements Employee Declaration, Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check, Reference Checks, Disqualified Carer Check and AHPRA Registration Check. This role is only available to Australian Residents or to those who hold the right to work in Australia. We are committed to child safe standards and Yooralla is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend